The Muse is looking for a Director of FP&A to play a pivotal role in scaling the organization. The Director will manage all FP&A activities, lead the reporting, forecasting, and financial planning processes across the organization, and serve as a valued and trusted advisor to the COO/ CFO and senior leadership. Additionally, this role will be critical in assessing and integrating M&A targets. The Director must have prior experience driving FP&A efforts and experience scaling growth-stage software/technology companies.
· Develop and implement FP&A best practices, procedures, and processes to drive best-in-class forecast & planning, business insight, and analysis to support key members of the senior leadership team.
· Drive financial analyses to evaluate the company’s operational and strategic decisions,
· Support all financial aspects of M&A, including deal model review, valuation/benchmarking, financial due diligence, and post-merger tracking and reporting.
· Direct preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual company financial performance reporting, metrics, and analysis.
· Drive the development of presentations and analyses for internal management and Board of Director presentations.
· Lead annual and multi-year financial strategic planning Monitor and report on the momentum of the business against forecast and against the plan.
· Oversee analysis for strategic decisions with regard to new business models, strategic partnerships, and fundraising, as well as the preparation of business analyses, trending analyses, and other ad-hoc projects as needed.
· Increase the fluency of the business around financial metrics, analysis, and financially-driven thinking in making decisions.
Background / Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related discipline. MBA or CFA preferred
· Minimum 3 years of financial, business, and strategic planning experience in a technology/software business required; Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model experience preferred.
· Experience driving FP&A efforts in growth stage $20-50MM+ business, including driving process improvements in growing financial organizations.
· Willingness to operate as a player/coach; knows how to do work as much as how to coach others to do their best work.
· Deep knowledge of the business metrics that are critical to the evaluation of an organization’s performance and valuation.
· Advanced financial modeling and quantitative skills with a passion for using data to drive better decision-making.
· Strong knowledge of GAAP.
· Strong track record of building and managing successful teams.
· Ability to build partnerships with all levels of management and across business units.
· Excellent presentation and communication with C-level executives, laterally with colleagues and down with direct reports or more junior employees
· Proficient w/ NetSuite, Salesforce, and Marketo ideally (in order of importance).
· Someone who cares about getting the details correct.
· Motivated by the mission of the Muse and the problems we are seeking to solve for the Employer and Job Seeker
· Passionate about finance and how financial metrics, thinking, and analysis can help drive better decision-making.
· Naturally curious and eager to learn
· A problem solver and committed to continuous improvement. Interested in figuring out and implementing the “best” solution even if it involves more effort.
· Aware of and weigh the longer-term implications of decisions.
· Willing to speak up and present your opinions to others even when they appear to run counter to the status quo.
· Willing to roll up your sleeves and get involved in detailed analysis.
The salary range for is role is $130,000-$160,000
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
Hear directly from employees about what it’s like to work at The Muse.